- FREE ENGLISH CLASSES
- 510 HOURS
- STUDY IN CLASS OR WITH A VOLUNTEER TUTOR
- FREE CHILDCARE
“My teacher really, really supported her students and tried to encourage them to do whatever they want.”
At Learning for Employment we offer the Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP), which will help you to improve your English skills and settle successfully into Australian society.
AMEP classes are funded by the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs.
The AMEP is offered to eligible migrants and humanitarian visa holders.
You can access up to 510 hours of English language tuition if you’re an eligible migrant or humanitarian entrant. You may be eligible if you have been:
- granted a permanent visa OR granted an eligible temporary visa
- AND speak little or no English.
If you’re between 15 and 17 years of age, you might also be eligible.
You can study AMEP in class, online or at home.
- Improve your English
- Learn about life in Australia
- Learn from qualified teachers
- Flexible study options – classroom, online or a trained volunteer tutor
- Volunteer tutors come to your home or another agreed location
You can meet other AMEP students and make new friends.
- AMEP students have all recently arrived in Australia
- AMEP students come from many different countries and backgrounds
- AMEP students learn English together
- AMEP students share goals of learning English and settling in Australia
Our support means lots of training options and
referrals to services.
- AMEP has 2 streams – Pre-employment English and Social English
- Pre-employment stream explores pathways to training and employment
- Learning for Employment can offer you training and pathways to employment while you are doing AMEP and after you finish
- Learning for Employment members are all Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) and Learn Locals
- Learning for Employment can refer you to services to help you settle in Australia including health, housing, family and employment services