With our Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP), we provide up to 510 hours of English language tuition to eligible migrants and humanitarian entrants.
Our program helps participants to learn basic English skills that will assist them to successfully and confidently participate socially and economically in Australian society.
People may be eligible for our AMEP if they have been:
- granted a permanent visa OR
- granted an eligible temporary visa AND
- speak little or no English
Young people between 15 and 17 years of age may also be eligible.
Our AMEP students are also eligible to enrol in our Settlement Language Pathways to Employment and Training course, which provides help in understanding the Australian workplace and finding a job.
AMEP is funded by the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs.
- Find out about how to become an AMEP student.
- Find out how to become a volunteer AMEP Home Tutor.
- Find out more about our SLPET program.
“Mrs Lynne is a very good tutor. She uses pictures to make English easier. I know more words now.”– Samar